Sunday, June 25, 2006

You've Been Doing It All Wrong!

I admit it, I am a very novice web master. I know a lot about content management systems and databases, but until recently I have not paid a lot of attention to my actual writing. Now I am starting to realize that I could write the best articles in the world for Musicedmagic.com and still no one would notice. In order for me to get people to look at my web site I not only have to write for my viewers but also for the stupid search engines. I discovered on accident last night that the one article that I actually took the time to really optimize for search engine traffic had jumped to number 4 on Google for the keywords I was going after. When i saw that it made me a believer but it also made me realize I need to go back and rewrite all of my existing articles if I ever want people to notice them....

So much for summer break.

No comments: