Saturday, July 29, 2006

Load 'em Up!

It took us five hours to load the truck and trailer from Uhaul with seven people helping me. Thank God for the Schlarmann family and for Mike (the band director that is taking my place at my old school). If it were not for them I think I would have gone insane. I pushed my father a bit too far I think. There was a time when moving me around was no big deal, but in the last ten years diabetes and other medical issues have taken their toll. At one point I was seriously worried he was having a heart attack. In the end he made it through okay, but we have never been at each other's throats so much in the thirty years I have been alive. He was exhausted and I was just plain grumpy and emotional about the move. I don't really want to move, and the stress of moving, starting a new job, and setting up a new household is wearing on me.

No comments: